Cloud computing has revolutionized for organizations use technology nowadays. Organizations find cloud computing helps run their operations smoothly. Microsoft Azure, one of the leading cloud services providers has gained huge popularity. Why? It’s constantly offering updates, new technology, and most of all, better cloud backup systems.
If you’ve heard about Microsoft’s new Azure backup system, you’ve likely thought about whether or not it’s right for your business. This article helps you understand why the new Azure backup system is a good fit for you.
Understanding the Basics of Azure Backup
With man-made and natural disasters on the rise, a backup system isn’t just smart to have in place if your computer crashes. It’s also a great way to be able to restore your old system if your data has been compromised.
Azure backup is a cloud-based system that helps its users create, manage, and deploy applications throughout all of Microsoft’s datacenters. What makes it different is that it’s accessible anywhere, and you can customize your applications, tools, and other frameworks.
When it comes to the security and backup methods of Azure, it has a three-fold method of detection, prevention, and response to cyber-attacks.
Understanding The Different Types Of Azure Backup
With so many options available on Azure, it makes sense that it also offers three main different types of backup. They are:
1) Full Backups:This is when a copy of your data is made, and stored in the cloud. While it’s certainly an effective way to ensure all your data is covered, keep in mind that it also takes up a lot of storage space.
2) Differential Backups:This type of backup finds the data that has changed or been added onto since your initial data backup, and then copies and stores just those new parts. This takes up less storage space and prevents you from having multiple copies of the same data.
3) Incremental Backups:This is probably the most popular type of Azure backup, as it takes up the least storage space and keeps your network running efficiently. Incremental backups work by storing the blocks of data that have been added or altered since the last time you backed up your data – not the initial backup, as in differential backups. Incremental backups don’t make multiple full copies of your data, saving you valuable space.
What Other Features Does The Azure Backup Offer?
Azure doesn’t just stop with maximizing the benefits of incremental backups. It also,
- Offers unlimited scaling:Your data will be available anywhere, any time with less maintenance and monitoring.
- Automatic Storage Help: This is probably one of the most popular features of the system. Since the software automatically allocates your backup, it saves you tons of time and effort. Even better? Using storage devices that are on-premises won’t cost you anything extra.
- Data Encryption: This is a huge security bonus of the Azure backup, especially since we know storing sensitive information in a public cloud is a source of stress for many. Since your pass phrase isn’t stored or shared in Azure, meaning it can’t be hacked – only you have the key.
- Data Transfer Is Unlimited: Not only is there no fee for data that’s transferred, there’s also no cap on the amount of data you can send or receive.
- Retention that’s Long-Term: There’s no limit to the amount of time that your data remains in the cloud or in the Recovery Services portion of the program. This means that Azure is ideal for both long and short-term data retention.
Anything Else I Should Know?
- Azure doesn’t require a backup server (as it’s cloud-based)
- You can back up your data up to three times every day
- It doesn’t offer Linux support
- Your data and backups are stored in the Azure Backup Vault
- It works with file, volume-level, and folder restores exclusively
Be aware that there are many different types of Azure backup systems – this is just a general overview of the overall features of the Azure system. If you need more information about the specific types and features of the Azure system, our cloud experts can help you choose the best Azure Backup suited to your organization!