Everything human beings have invented is to make our lives easier and more productive. The purpose of software testing is the same- To make the software development process less challenging and efficient. This process is called development testing.
Microsoft Azure has seen to it that it has an environment that will support and make the process of Dev/Test easier. Azure delivers more features faster to keep up with a comprehensive set of development and testing tolls for your team to collaborate and deliver at cloud speed. It quickly creates consistent development and test environments on your terms through a scalable, on-demand infrastructure.
Some of the features Azure Dev/test, Demo and Training provides –
- As the test is done quicker than before, you will get more time to create better applications.
- Azure is built for all platforms you use.
- Dev/test environments can be created in seconds with Azure.
- Azure gives scalable, high fidelity test environments.
- It helps you minimise waste and maximise control.
- You can stretch your budget with low dev/test rates.
Benefits of Azure
Operations and management benefits of SAP on Azure
- Azure provides higher efficiency for specific types of SAP workloads such as development and test, and archives for regulators.
- Azure has infrastructure provisioning which is 200–300 times faster for development and testing.
- Azure has the ability to stop development and test systems at the end of a business day which saves as much as 40-75 percent in hosting costs by exercising the ability to stop instances when not in use.
- Azure facilitates the flexibility to shift from capital to operational expenditures as it frees on-premises data center capacity by moving development and test for SAP workloads to it without up-front investments.
- Azure provides consistent training environments based on templates. It has the ability to store and use pre-defined images of the training environment for new virtual machines which saves cost by provisioning only the instances needed for training, and then deleting them when the event is complete.
Development and implementation benefits of SAP on Azure
- Azure provides an environment that can start development processes in minutes.
- SAP environments can be created or cloned for sandboxing or testing azure.
Some of the other reasons why you should use Azure is because it offers service level agreement for single VM instances, higher scalability, stronger security and quicker resiliency.
Below are some of the cases in which Azure has proven its expertise –
- Azure has 200-300 times faster infrastructure provisioning and roll due to which it can make time changes to SAP workloads by development teams. This indeed increases the agility and the ability to provision instances within 20 minutes.
- Azure’s ability to stop development and test systems at the end of a business day ensures that intermittently used development and test infrastructure of SAP workloads is funded. This saves around 40-75 percent in hosting costs.
- The organization benefits from Azure’s flexibility to shift from capital to operational expenditures as it frees on-premises data center capacity by moving development and test for SAP workloads to itself without up-front investments. This increases the data center capacity to serve new SAP project requests.
- It provides consistent training environments with its ability to store and use pre-defined images of the training environment. This also saves cost by providing instances needed for training and deleting them later when the event is complete.
Every year the number of companies using Microsoft Azure increases and the number of companies considering to Azure is also increasing. We, at Redington, provide you with the services of Microsoft Azure. With companies in more than 30 markets and over 200 international companies, we have proved our sincerity and thoughtfulness by providing customers with cutting edge technologies. If you feel Microsoft Azure will make you and your firm happy, secure and efficient, reach out to us.
Talk to our cloud experts now to revitalize your business with the amazing benefits cloud has to offer.